One-piece- Victoria’s Secret Crochet Monokini
Let’s say one-pieces are probably the most flattering swimsuits right now, but some can be a little much with tons of cutouts and unflattering silhouettes. I’m all about the one-piece and definitely prefer it over a two-piece. I’ve picked out some of the most flattering and affordable one-pieces for you guys to shop below!
Get the look:
NYE is in a couple days! What will be your last outfit of 2015?!? You better make it one to remember. I put together some last minute nye looks to shop below! Happy 2016 babes -xo De
Can’t wear some of your summer pieces for winter because they’re spaghetti straps and sleeveless? Well now you can wear those pieces by simply layering a basic turtleneck underneath and just throw on a jacket. I paired this vintage black jumpsuit I’ve had for awhile with a white turtleneck underneath and sneakers for a casual look, which can easily be dressed up with heels and a lace turtleneck. What do you think of this trend? Have styling questions? Message me & shop my look below! -De
Wearing: HM similar turtleneck | Vintage similar jumpsuit | Sam Edelman sneakers
Get the Look:
Photographed by: Madeline Telford
Want to add a little lace-up to your suit, or since summer is pretty much over..to your low-cut top? As we know lace-up has been a huge trend this summer and it is carrying into fall. I decided to add some lace to my Asos one-piece swimsuit not only because I love this trend, but because it is a little revealing with sudden movement. Here are 5 simple steps to adding lace-up to your clothes:
Supplies: Grommet pliers, grommets, scissors, pencil (fabric chalk), piece of fabric to practice on (make sure it’s the same thickness of the fabric you are working on to get the same results). I practiced setting the grommet on a similar swimwear fabric.
- Practice, practice, practice on another piece of fabric before applying the grommets to the garment you are working on so you don’t make any mistakes!
- First, mark your garment in the areas you want place your grommets.
- Using your scissors, cut a small slit in the marked area to fit the grommet in the hole. Make sure to cut a small hole, so the grommet fits tight. You may need to stretch the hole around the grommet to make sure it is secure.
- Once it is settled in, take the pliers, place the grommet in between (in the fabric), and press down pretty hard to secure the grommet in. You may need to rotate the pliers around the grommet to make sure it is equally secure all the way around.
- It’s set! Once all your grommets are set in, lace it up!
Have questions? Just ask! -De
I’ve been searching for the perfect white one-piece and found this simple one from Asos. I love a good one-piece for the summer for those days that a two-piece just isn’t going to work. They’ve definitely become more on trend since the 90s. Now that they’re finally cool again, I’ve got some of my favorite one-pieces from Asos you can shop below (for under $50)! -De
Get the Look: