Summer is just around the corner, so it’s time to get your swimsuits out. There are so many great trends this season from rainbow stripes to belted one pieces to off the shoulder. I picked out some of the best suits from some of my favorite swimwear brands. Shop my picks below!
Wearing: Suki + Solaine Flutter Hem Dress
Suki + Solaine is the Chicago brand you need to know about. Founded by Creative Director Brandi Archer and designer Nicole Puszynski. This Flutter Hem Dress from their Summer ’16 collection is so comfortable and perfect to dress up or down for any occasion. I paired it with a bomber and lace-up heels, but for an even more casual look pair it with sneakers. Want to shop the collection? Shop online or check out where to buy here!
Partnered with Suki + Solaine
One-piece- Victoria’s Secret Crochet Monokini
Let’s say one-pieces are probably the most flattering swimsuits right now, but some can be a little much with tons of cutouts and unflattering silhouettes. I’m all about the one-piece and definitely prefer it over a two-piece. I’ve picked out some of the most flattering and affordable one-pieces for you guys to shop below!
Get the look:
Want to add a little lace-up to your suit, or since summer is pretty much over..to your low-cut top? As we know lace-up has been a huge trend this summer and it is carrying into fall. I decided to add some lace to my Asos one-piece swimsuit not only because I love this trend, but because it is a little revealing with sudden movement. Here are 5 simple steps to adding lace-up to your clothes:
Supplies: Grommet pliers, grommets, scissors, pencil (fabric chalk), piece of fabric to practice on (make sure it’s the same thickness of the fabric you are working on to get the same results). I practiced setting the grommet on a similar swimwear fabric.
- Practice, practice, practice on another piece of fabric before applying the grommets to the garment you are working on so you don’t make any mistakes!
- First, mark your garment in the areas you want place your grommets.
- Using your scissors, cut a small slit in the marked area to fit the grommet in the hole. Make sure to cut a small hole, so the grommet fits tight. You may need to stretch the hole around the grommet to make sure it is secure.
- Once it is settled in, take the pliers, place the grommet in between (in the fabric), and press down pretty hard to secure the grommet in. You may need to rotate the pliers around the grommet to make sure it is equally secure all the way around.
- It’s set! Once all your grommets are set in, lace it up!
Have questions? Just ask! -De
I’ve been searching for the perfect white one-piece and found this simple one from Asos. I love a good one-piece for the summer for those days that a two-piece just isn’t going to work. They’ve definitely become more on trend since the 90s. Now that they’re finally cool again, I’ve got some of my favorite one-pieces from Asos you can shop below (for under $50)! -De
Get the Look: